Loading Premier League Tweet Map
Tested in the latest versions of Chome, Firefox, Opera, and IE. A modern HTML5 and CSS3 compliant browser is suggested. Best performance in Google Chrome.
About this Map
This map was created by:
- Joshua R. Melville, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
- Scott A. Hale (@computermacgyve), Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
- Ate Poorthuis, Department of Geography, University of Kentucky
- Mark Graham (@geoplace), Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
- Matthew Zook (@mattzook), Department of Geography University of Kentucky
- Monica Stephens (@geographiliac), Department of Geography, Humboldt State University
- Taylor Shelton (@kyjts), Graduate School of Geography, Clark University
Powered by Leaflet. Postcode data from OS and NISRA. Country shape data from Natural Earth.
All geotagged tweets mentioning Premier League teams were collected between 18 Aug. and 19 Dec. 2012. The number of unique users mentioning team hash tags were counted and aggregated to UK postcode districts. The data is normalized by a 0.25% sample of all geotagged tweets in the postcode district.
For more information about this work, please read about it on floatingsheep.org, or follow @floating_sheep and @oiioxford on Twitter.
This framework is released under a CC-BY-NC-SA license. Code available on GitHub.